Teens and young people
Therapy for teenagers and young people
At the Northwest Psychology Practice we love working with young people (and their families) to help make the changes they want to see in their lives. Here are some examples of the kinds of things we can help with:
- Bullying and friendship problems
- Feeling down and sad all the time (depression)
- Thoughts of suicide, or self-harming behaviour
- Who am I, and what kind of person do I want to be?
- Relationship breakups
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Trauma, grief, loss and change
- Conflict with parents or siblings
Here’s some more information about what it is like to see a psychologist, and how to get the most out of it.
Are you feeling concerned about your teenager? Are you wondering if bringing him/her to see a psychologist would be helpful? Here’s some information about the therapy process, how it works and how you can help your child.