Therapy for Adults
How do you want things to be different?
Are you feeling stuck, feeling like things can never get better? Perhaps you have been going through a tough time and are starting to feel like you need some help. As psychologists, it is our job to help people make the changes that they want to see in their own lives. We can help with difficulties such as:
- Low mood, feeling down all the time
- Grief and loss
- The ongoing impact of childhood trauma
- Fear, worry and anxiety
- Problems in families and relationships
- Anger problems that impact at home and at work
- Coping with chronic pain or health issues
- Disturbances of sleep or eating
- Post-traumatic stress
- Addictive or self-destructive behaviours
If you’ve never seen a psychologist or a counselor before, it can be a bit daunting. You may be wondering what to expect, how long it will take and whether it can really make a difference. In these pages you’ll find some information about what therapy is like and how to make the most of it. We have also provided information about depression, and anxiety – two of the most common reasons why people come to see us.
If you have any questions along the way, feel free to give us a call. We’re here to help.
Could a Psychologist Help Me?
If you’ve been struggling for a while, but feel unsure about whether seeing a psychologist will help, here’s some useful information to help you decide.