BSc (Hons), MPsychol (Clin), MAPS (Clinical College)
Lynne-Maree is a clinical psychologist who has over 20 years experience in treating children, adolescents and their families.
Lynne-Maree has special expertise in working with children and adolescents who are experiencing anxiety. For these young people, anxiety can really interfere in their lives — it may result in them having difficulty attending school, or may make them feel like they need to do things to neutralise their fears (such as checking things repeatedly or washing their hands). She knows that for these kids their anxiety may feel overwhelming, but that there are practical strategies that can really help. The key is to break the task down into small steps.
In addition to her private practice work, Lynne-Maree also works at Rivendell, Child, Adolescent and Family Unit and has previously worked in Community Health settings. She has extensive experience in working with young people who have a range of concerns such as depression, study stress, poor self esteem, and relationship issues. She also works with parents and families, and provides parenting support and advice. She believes that the most powerful change happens when we have a shared understanding of the young person’s difficulties and we all work as a team to provide support for him/her.
Lynne-Maree also enjoys working with adults, on issues such as low mood, depression or anxiety. She brings a caring, supportive and collaborative approach to her work. She also brings her own life experience in raising two children.
- Lynne-Maree Crain and Rebecca Somervaille. ‘Cognitive behavioural therapy for children and adolescents’. Presentation for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Workers in Rural Areas, hosted by the NSW Institute of Psychiatry. May 2013.
Recent continuing education
- August 2014. ‘Supervision master class – Managing difficulties and ethical issues in supervision’. Presented by Christine Senediak.
- June 2014. ‘Understanding DSM-V’. Presented by Dr John Blythe.
- July 2013. Internet Addiction Symposium. Hosted by Rivendell Adolescent Unit, Concord.
Lynne-Maree is available for appointments on Thursdays.
- Master of Psychology (Clinical) – University of NSW
- Bachelor of Science (Psych) (Hons) – University of NSW
- Fully registered psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Registered Medicare Provider
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society
- Member of the Clinical College of the Australian Psychological Society
- Member of the Anxiety Practitioners Network