BPsych, MA (ELitt)
Farzana is an experienced psychologist who enjoys working with both children and adults.
Farzana particularly enjoys working with kids because she enjoys the energy that they bring with them and their ability to learn and grow. She has a particular interest in helping children with issues such as anxiety, self-esteem issues, school refusal, bullying and social skills. She also has expertise in working with adults on difficulties such as depression, anger management, relationship issues, grief and loss, and anxiety disorders.
Farzana has been working in the field for the past 6 years. She has worked in a variety of contexts, including: providing psychological services to aged care residents, providing vocational and psychological services to people with disabilities and mental illness, and providing therapy for children with emotional problems and behavioural issues. These experiences have enabled her to develop her therapeutic skills, and she places a strong emphasis on using evidence-based treatments.
As a person, Farzana is caring and empathic. In addition to speaking English, Farzana also speaks Bengali, Urdu and Hindi. She deeply cares about her clients and works hard to help them make the changes they want to see in their lives.
Recent continuing education
- May 2016: ‘Advanced Counselling & Intervention Skills’. Presented by Veselinka Petruseva
- April 2016: ‘Acceptance & commitment Therapy’. Presented by Judy Wassner.
- January 2016: ‘Psychodrama – an action method’. Presented by Michelle Button.
- November 2015: ‘Creative Therapy for Children’. Presented by Jackie Short.
- September 2015: ‘ADHD and other developmental and learning disorders’. Presented by Sarah Axford.
Farzana is available for appointments on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Bachelor of Psychology – Western Sydney University
- Graduate Diploma, Information System Management – Central Queensland University
- Masters of Arts (English Literature) – Dhaka University
- Fully registered psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Registered Medicare Provider