Dr Marianne Torres
Psychologist, Clinical Psychology Registrar
D.Psych, MHlthSc, BPsySc(Hons), BSc(Psych)
Dr Marianne Torres is a psychologist with over ten years experience of working with children, families and adults in Sydney.
Marianne’s main interests are in assessment and treatment of trauma and anxiety disorders across the age range. She has experience in assessing and treating learning problems and behavioural difficulties in children, including those with ASD. Dr Torres provides a range of services including individual and family therapy, psychometric assessment of children and young people.
In addition to working in private practice, Marianne has extensive experience working as a psychologist at Family and Community Service as well as at the Alternate Care Clinic (Redbank House). In these contexts she has seen people with a range of presenting issues such as children with developmental disabilities, foster carers needing support, and children and adolescents in residential care. These experiences have given her a deep understanding of the ways in which psychological treatment can help people improve their lives.
As a person, Marianne is supportive, understanding and compassionate. She is focussed on providing practical solutions and evidence based strategies to help people make changes in their lives.
- Torres, M., Sng, R. & Deane, F. P. (2015), Establishing a Parenting Program for Fathers in Substance Abuse Treatment. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy, 36(2), 273–288.
- Mares, S. & Torres, M. (2013).Young foster children and their carers: An approach to assessing relationships. Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 19(3), 367-383.
Recent continuing education
- July 2016. Children’s Court Clinic Conference. (Presentations included: Keeping children in mind in the children’s court; Adverse childhood experience Study (ACE) meets Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT); Induced Illness by Proxy; Understanding the impact of Foetal alcohol syndrome; Assessing family dynamics.)
- May 2016. FaCS Psychology Conference. (Presentations included: Problematic sexualised behaviour, positive behaviour support, Trauma travels, PCIT, WISC-V presentations/workshop.
- November 2015. Affect Regulation Clinic, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. Illawarra Community Mental Health.
Marianne is available for appointments on Saturdays.
- Doctor of Psychology (Clinical) – University of Wollongong
- Master of Health Science (Behavioural Science) – The University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology) – The University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) First Class – Australian College of Applied Psychology
- Fully registered psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Registered Medicare Provider
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society