BSocSc (Psychology/Criminology), PGDip (Psych)
Arti is a psychologist with 10 years’ experience working in community and inpatient mental health settings in the public and private sector.
Arti’s particular passion is to help adults who are experiencing problems such as anxiety, low mood, grief and loss, trauma, self-esteem and relationship issues. Her approach is based on values of empathy, support and non-judgement, and she aims to provide a space where people can speak honestly about the issues they are experiencing. Using her expertise, she then assists people to better understand themselves and to move past the obstacles that are holding them back.
Arti has a wealth of experience working with people who are going through really difficult times. In the past she has worked in both a community health setting and an inpatient ward. She has helped people who may be experiencing intense distress, who are grappling with suicidal thoughts, or dealing with a past trauma. It is at times of crisis that seeing a psychologist is so important.
In addition to her work with adults, Arti also enjoys working with children and helping with issues such as anxiety and behavioural problems. She knows how to make therapy fun and engaging for kids, so that it doesn’t feel like hard work. And as a parent herself, she understands the challenges and pressures experienced by today’s parents.
Recent continuing education
- July 2014: ‘Perinatal psychological disorders and their treatment’. Presented by Anthony Sciberras.
- July 2014: ‘Assessing and managing risk of suicide and self-harm in adolescents’. Presented by Clare Martin.
- May 2014: ‘Schema therapy, core beliefs and special sauce’. Presented by Nicola Kemp.
- April 2014: ‘Therapeutic resources in working with children and adults.’ Presented by Angelique Foran, Kimberley O’Brien & Ruth Fordyce.
Arti is available for appointments on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Postgraduate Diploma In Psychology, University of Western Sydney
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology and Criminology), University of Western Sydney
- Fully registered psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Registered Medicare Provider