Join our team!
Job opportunities for psychologists and clinical psychologists
At the Northwest Psychology Practice we are always on the look-out for like-minded psychologists to join us. If you are interested, please get in touch!
About the role:
Psychologists at the Northwest Psychology Practice provide assessment and treatment to people across the age range, from children to teens and adults. We’re looking for a psychologist to join our team who is a gifted all-rounder, and is passionate about working therapeutically with both children and adults. We need someone who is highly skilled in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and also familiar with the latest evidence based treatments (such as DBT, ACT and mindfulness). If you have a particular interest or expertise in certain presenting problems, we’ll try to help you nurture and develop this where possible.
The suitable person will:
- Be enthusiastic about facilitating positive change in the lives of our clients.
- Have substantial experience in providing individual therapy for clients.
- Be a team player, someone who is great at building working relationships with clients, with colleagues and with other health-care providers.
- Be available to work 2-3 days per week, with flexible hours. (Availability to work on Saturdays would be an advantage.)
- Be willing to work during our busiest times – from 3pm to 7pm.
- Be fully registered as a psychologist, with a Medicare provider number.
- Preferred but not essential: An AHPRA endorsed clinical psychologist, or working towards obtaining endorsement. (Supervision for endorsement can be provided in-house.)
What we offer:
- The practice has been operating in the local area for the past eight years and we have developed a sound referral base.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of presenting problems in a supportive and stimulating working environment.
- We provide regular in-house supervision from a board-approved supervisor, a well stocked resource and toy library and comprehensive administrative support.
- We strive to be the kind of practice where you can do your best clinical work.
Please submit your cover letter (telling us why you’re the right person for the role) and your CV to email@example.com.